Hi.

New to the Forum? Come in and tell us about yourself.

Topic author
AbyssalDragon86
New User
New User
Australia
Cash on hand: Locked
    Windows 7 Firefox
Hi.

Post by AbyssalDragon86 » August 13th, 2017, 1:32 pm

I came from the Turok Forums and thought I'd check this out after Dinomite made a thread. I'm not always active with posting on forums but I do log in.

Anyway... I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I grew up with the 90's games, so I like both old and new. This past year I've been a fan of Bloodborne and Dark Souls. I also like Doom and have been learning how to map in Doom 64 Ex. I make art in Photoshop on the occasion, when I'm not lazy... :ymdevil: My icon being one of them. The '86' in my name is the year I was born.

I don't use my real name online, even if a few know it so call me 'Abyssal' for short.
0 x

NecroWolf

Cool Member Music Lover
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America
Medals: 2
Bank: Locked
    Windows 10 Firefox
Referrals: 1
Mood:

Re: Hi.

Post by NecroWolf » August 13th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you and @Kippykip may be in the same area perhaps? He's also into Doom stuff as well. Most members don't stop by very often but that's okay and since you posted already it secures you won't be deleted. I usually only delete if someone never posts even one.

Anyways, if you need any help or anything feel free to PM me and I will get to it as soon as I can!
0 x

Topic author
AbyssalDragon86
New User
New User
Australia
    Windows 7 Firefox

Post by AbyssalDragon86 » August 14th, 2017, 5:09 am

I don't believe I know the person you mentioned, though I saw his name when I clicked on my flag. I don't always post because I don't have a lot to say on every topic. Quite the opposite if the topic is one of my interests. xD

As for the forums, I shouldn't have any problems finding my way around because I'm quite familiar with them. I've been a Mod/Admin on the first one that I joined, too. Time goes quick because it's almost 9 years since I started posting stuff online. Of course, I'm on Steam (same name as on here) and can always talk there if there's an issue. Sometimes I have to send a message to Duke when the Turok Forums are down for a few hours.

I couldn't help but think of Great Grey Wold Sif from Dark Souls, when I first checked this forum out.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with this character?
1 x

NecroWolf

Cool Member Music Lover
Administrator
Administrator
United States of America
    Windows 10 Firefox
Referrals: 1
Mood:

Post by NecroWolf » August 14th, 2017, 5:25 pm

Actually I wasn't familiar with that character but will be looking into that for sure.
0 x

Topic author
AbyssalDragon86
New User
New User
Australia
    Windows 7 Firefox

Post by AbyssalDragon86 » August 15th, 2017, 12:53 pm

She (I'm assuming because of the Norse Goddess name) is a boss that protects her old master's (Artorias The Abysswalker) grave with his sword. She can be an NPC summon in the DLC, which is set in a time centuries prior to the main story. She's not an evil boss, she just doesn't want anyone else to be corrupted by the Abyss like her master was.

That's a bit of the story, without going into too much detail. There's also a big wolf (probably related to Sif because of the connection in the lore) in the third installment of the series and serves as a non-hostile covenant leader.

I do like wolves, even though I'm a cat person. My real name is Leo, which is synonymous with lions.
0 x

Dinomite

Active Member Music Lover
Zealous User
Zealous User
Poland
    Linux Chrome
Referrals: 7